avoid fees - read carefully!
At Horizon Medical Associates, LLC we try to keep your wait time to a minimum and ask that you arrive earlier than your scheduled appointment time so that we can get you in, and out, on time. To help achieve this, here are a few things you can do:
- Have your insurance card ready to show us at the front desk upon arrival;
- If you have a change in your insurance coverage, please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can verify your benefits;
- If you are a new patient, please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment with your past paperwork (lab test results, immunization records etc. - if applicable) to complete our new patient process;
- Per your insurance policy, you are required to pay your office visit co-pay at the time of service. These charges are not billable to your insurance plan and you are fully responsible for payment.
Call us at 678-383-6970 to schedule your appointment.
2. Canceling Your Appointment
We understand that in life, things happen unexpectedly that may prevent you from keeping your scheduled appointment. Many other offices require you to cancel an appointment 24 hours in advance, but we understand that things can happen the day of your appointment:
- We accept calls to cancel, up to 4 hours prior to the time of your scheduled appointment. You will NOT be charged the No Show/Missed Appointment fee if we receive your call or a detailed voice message by then.
3. No Show/Missed Appointments
Appointments are given with an allotted time slot for each patient based on their needs for each visit. If we are not notified that you will be unable to make your appointment, we continue to hold your time slot, which could be given to another patient in need.
- You are considered a No Show/Missed Appointment if you:
- Do not call to notify us that you will not be able to make your appointment at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled time
- Are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment
- All No Show/Missed Appointment Fees are $40.00 per patient per missed appointment
- If you have more than 3 unpaid MISSED Appointments on your file, HMA will withdraw from care to all patients in your family and ask that you seek another practice for their medical needs.
4. Additional Paperwork
If you have paperwork that needs to be completed, it should be brought in at the time of the visit so that we can complete as we get the results. Our administration fee for completing paperwork is $15.00. If you do not have the paperwork required, it is an inconvenience for our staff and a use of our resources to have to research the necessary paperwork and print the forms for completion- there will be an additional $5.00 charge to compensate for this.
5. Prescription Refills
Prescription Refills will be done during regular office hours Mon - Fri from 9am -5pm ONLY.
6. Forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment:
- All forms of Debit & Credit Cards (Visa and MasterCard)
- Money Orders
7. Emergencies and After Hours Care
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately!
- If you need advice or have a question that can be answered by a nurse, there are free nurse advice lines provided by insurance companies you may call, including:
- Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441
- Wellcare: 1-800-919-8807
- Wellstar Urgent Care Line: 770-333-1300
If you need urgent advice after our business hours, please call our office and leave a message if prompted to and we will get back to you.